Virtual Private Network has gained immense popularity over the years because of the advantages it offers. People are using VPN for personal needs as well as professional concerns. Some have installed VPN on their systems to ensure complete privacy and online security during online business dealings while many use it to access Hulu and other US restricted content abroad.
At GettingHulu.com, we provide a pool of information regarding Hulu access outside the US. Our web portal connects VPN seekers with www.streamingvpn.com which offers the fastest, securest, and lowest priced VPN connections. The online provider of VPN service also gives helpful installation and set up guides, and even troubleshoots numerous errors to ensure smooth functioning of their VPN service.
If you are facing Error 619 while activating a VPN connection, you should, first of all, understand the cause behind the obstruction. This particular error occurs when some firewall in the computer and VPN server blocks the PPTP VPN connection – TCP port 1723 or GRE protocol. It can also be because the “VPN pass through” option in the ADSL/WIRELESS/NAT router is disabled. You can get this error when the PPTP VPN is blocked by your ISP or when there is a bug in the Windows system or ADSL/NAT/WIRELESS router.
Just follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
- Disable your Windows Firewall or Norton Antivirus or any other software which can block the GRE protocol or port TCP 1723. Now, try to connect.
- Didn’t work???
- Remove your VPN connection from Windows.
- Reboot your computer.
- Configure VPN connection again.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest Windows update.
- Try to connect now.
- Didn’t work even now!!!
- Reboot your ADSL/NAT/WIRELESS router.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest firmware.
- Try connecting it. This would probably work.
- Still not working!
- Be sure that the “VPN passthrough” option is enabled in the ADSL/WIRELESS/NAT router configuration.
- Last resolve
- If it doesn’t work still, then try connecting directly without the router.
- Try to connect on a different internet connection.
The Best Way
You can even use the OpenVPN solution which is offered on non-standard ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS). This would definitely work for you. Visit the Support Page given at Streaming VPN’s website to follow the OpenVPN guides. If there is any inconvenience, feel free to talk to the service provider’s customer care and they will resolve the issue at the earliest. They usually revert within 2 hours when the request is made.
Check back often for more updates on VPN.