Set up Streaming VPN if you want to access Hulu on Mac Operating System. This post familiarizes you with the VPN set up process for MacOS, MacOS 10.4 Tiger, and MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard (and Lion). The easy to follow and simple to understand instructions will help you establish a secure VPN connection quickly and enable you to appear as a US user to Hulu. As a result, you will fool Hulu into thinking that you are accessing the service from the US itself and not abroad. Go through the step by step guide given below and start streaming your favorite videos even while globe trotting or living in some other country.
Streaming VPN Set Up For MacOS
- Open the System Preferences window, click on the “Network” icon, and unlock the network configuration.
- Now, hit the Add button (+), set the “Interface” as VPN, choose PPTP as VPN Type, and fill Streaming VPN as the Service Name. Then click on “Create”.
- After this, fill in Streaming VPN Account username and click on “Authentication Settings”. Choose a Password option and type the password of Streaming VPN Account. Click “OK” and hit “Advanced”.
- Once you are done with this, enable all the “Session Options” and click “OK”. Now, close your Network Configuration window and Right click on the VPN icon, which is in the top system tray. Then choose “Connect VPN (PPTP)”.
Congrats! VPN connection has been established.
Streaming VPN Set Up For MacOS 10.4 Tiger
- Open Internet Connect �C. Go to the Applications folder and double click the “Internet Connect” icon.
- Now, select “File” menu and choose “New VPN Connection”. Click on the “PPTP” option and then press the “Continue” button.
- After this click “Other” and choose “Edit Configurations”. Enter streamingvpn.com as a Description, and Streaming VPN Account username and password as VPN Server Address.
- Keep the encryption option automatic and Uncheck Enable VPN on demand. Now just press the “Connect” button and you are good to go.
Voila! Streaming VPN is configured and ready for use.
Streaming VPN Set Up For MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard (and Lion)
- Go to the Apple icon, which is in the upper left-hand corner. Select System Preferences, which will be the fourth option from the top.
- Select ‘Network’ under the ‘Internet and Wireless’ category and click on the + icon which is on the sidebar. Now select VPN as the interface, PPTP as the VPN type, and enter Streaming VPN as the service name.
- Now coming to the default setting, leave the Configuration drop-down option as ‘Default’. Select an IP address from theStreaming VPN’s Members Area and use it as the server address. Then fill Streaming VPN username as the Account Name, select ‘Authentication Settings’, and enter Streaming VPN password under the ‘Password’ option. Just click ‘OK’ and select ‘Show VPN status in menu bar’.
- You are just a step away from activating the VPN connection. In the configuration settings, just click ‘Apply’, then ‘Advanced’, and then enable ‘Send all traffic over VPN’ Connection. Press the ‘OK’ button and then the ‘connect’ button.
Yay! It’s done. Enjoy streaming Hulu videos. 🙂